San Francisco Studio
We are looking for a passionate engineer with a focus on game mechanics to join our San Francisco
studio! The mobile games space is an exciting and dynamic place and building on our growing portfolio
of highly differentiated games NaturalMotion Inc. is provided with tremendous opportunity to innovate.
The successful candidate has a passion for creating fun mobile games that stand out. In taking full
advantage of dynamic environments and our unique animation technology the Gameplay Engineer
works closely with the Design Team on implementing game mechanics and supporting technology, from
the early concept stages to initial release and beyond.
• Turn game concept and design work into gameplay prototypes and eventually a polished title.
• Proactively identify technical challenges in proposed design artifacts and work with the
• Engineering and Design Teams to resolve them.
• Work with the Design Team on developing and balancing game design.
• Work with the Core Technology Team on keeping our engine components fit for purpose.
Requirements (Skills & Qualifications):
• You understand engineering as well as game design – you understand what makes a game fun,
• interesting or challenging and you know exactly how to productively turn those ingredients into
• well documented, efficient, testable and extendable code.
• You have in-depth knowledge of the relevant algorithms and design patterns and keep up-to-
• date with the latest developments in your field.
• You have at least a general understanding of most other engineering disciplines involved in
• game development and excellent cross-discipline communication skills.
• Strong C/C++ skills.
Desired Skills (Nice to have):
• Experience working with mobile devices (touch input, sensors, …).
• Experience with animation, physics or other procedural techniques.
• Console development experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV, brief cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.